Makes 2 Servings
For the tuna:
· 2 4oz ahi tuna steaks (yellow fin #tuna also works)
· 1 tsp #Coconut oil
· 1 large #mango, diced
· 1 #jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, minced
· 1 red bell #pepper, diced
· ½ red #onion, diced
· 1 #lime, juiced
· ¼ cup #cilantro, chopped
Bourbon Smoked “Mayo”
· 1 clove garlic, minced (or pressed)
· 2 buns of choice (hamburger buns are totally fine)
1. In a medium bowl, mix all of the salsa ingredients. Taste to make sure there is enough seasoning and enough liquid from the lime. You can make this ahead of time, it does tend to pick up flavor after it sits for a few hours.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all of the #mayo ingredients. A full, raw, garlic clove will feel like a lot here but, trust me, you’re going to have to stop yourself from licking the bowl. Again, I cannot stress how important the bourbon smoked paprika is…
3. Sear the tuna steaks. Season each side of the tuna with S&P. Heat a skillet with the coconut oil and sear the steaks 90 seconds per side (or more depending on preference). Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the tuna steaks in ¼in slices.
4. Assemble the burger. Bottom bun > (optional to add lettuce, I used shredded cabbage) > 4-5 tuna slices > mango salsa > mayo > top bun.