These are quick and easy cookies that will definitely be a crowd pleaser. The ziplock bag tip is your best bet to limit the kitchen mess and reduce the prep time!
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 1 tbsp cinnamon
· 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar until combined and set aside (this will be the sprinkle on top.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the cinnamon and beat to combine.
4. Add the flour and salt, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Do not overmix!
5. Put the dough in a gallon sized freezer ziplock bag and put it on a flat surface.
6. Leaving the top open, use the full size of the bag as a template to roll the dough into a 9 x 10in rectangle. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Seal the bag and refrigerate on a flat surface
8. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Use a cookie cutter or cut shapes from the dough
10. Sprinkle them with additional cinnamon sugar and bake for 18 minutes or until they are just lightly golden but not browned around the edges.
11. Cool on racks.